Friday, April 19, 2013

Sketchbook: Doctor Who, digital sketch...


If you follow me on Twitter, you may know that I've started experimenting with Manga Studio. As someone who has been making comics with pen and paper for 19 years now, the idea of drawing on the computer seems very science-fiction-y, but I'm intrigued by the possibilities.

So.. here's a quick sketch I did while working out what all the tools in Manga Studio do and just generally trying to get used to drawing with a tablet while looking at a computer screen.

And I should mention my friend Doug Hill's excellent Manga Studio tutorials, which helped me every time I hit a snag. Doug literally wrote the book on Manga Studio, and his tutorials are excellent. You can find the first of his 3-part 'webinar' on MS 5 here.

2 comments:

Tisha Dolton said...

Very cool Matt! I shared you link. Hope you get more views!

Amelie said...

This is cool!