Friday, February 4, 2011

Random bits: Witchblade #142 and Kickstarter

Another crazy week here in the studio. Between snowstorms, digging out from beneath snowstorms, new snowstorms, and working on my second issue of Witchblade, things are a little busy.

Two bits of random business --

First and foremost, issue #142, my first fill-in issue on Witchblade hits shelves this week. It's the first part of a two part story by series writer Ron Marz and myself, with excellent colors by Nathan Fairbairn. Check it out if you get a chance. I've been having a lot of fun working with Ron again (we'd previously worked together on The Path for Crossgen), and it's a fun little ghost story with a some interesting twists.

Secondly, I'm setting up a Kickstarter campaign for a writing project I'm hoping to work on after my next art assignment (which I can't name just yet). This is all part of my larger "Third Act" project which I'm hoping will create more opportunities to write and to work on my own creator-owned material. I'll keep you posted here, on Twitter, and on my Facebook fan page. As of yesterday, the project was approved by Kickstarter and I can start putting together a page to raise money for it. I'll be getting all of that going once I'm finished with Witchblade. Stay tuned. And warm. And hopefully free from piles of snow.

2 comments:

ANDY KUHN said...

i just picked up WITCHBLADE #142. beautifully primal work, as always. just like the two darkness issues hester drew, it's a bit of a brain scramble to see work that's so elegant in a top cow book. how many issues are you drawing? i'll be there for all of them! stay awesome!

Anonymous said...

nice ;)