Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Random Bits and Pieces

Just hit the halfway point on the first of my Witchblade fill-in issues, so still buried under work, but two nice things happened this week --

IDW Publishing's DOCTOR WHO comic made MTV Splash Page's Best Comics of 2010 list as "Best Licensed Comic", with a nice mention of the work Tony Lee and I have done on the title. Big thanks to Rick Marshall and the Splash Page crew for including us in such heady company.

And the first reviews of the 2010 Witcblade Annual (which features my short illustrated prose story, "Witchblade: the Devil's Due") are coming in and seem positive so far, especially a fun review from Graphic Policy, where the reviewer ended up enjoying my story despite finding a prose story in a comic book a little jarring.

-- Both nice ways to round out the year for me. I hope to have a few 'End of Year' posts up in the next couple of weeks, and maybe even a holiday image if I can get around to actually doing one at some point. In the meantime, I hope you are all enjoying a great holiday season.

No comments: