Wednesday, April 29, 2009

From the Files: FRANK 2


Lots of things developing on the comic book project front. Nothing I can talk about, but conversations are being had and fingers are being crossed. With so many things in the pipeline, one of them is bound to come together soon. Meanwhile, here's another glimpse at some of the presentation art from FRANK. I put this piece together as an antidote to the static image I posted yesterday. Nothing says 'publish my book' quite as well as a couple of tank guns, broken windows, and smoke.

4 comments:

John Hornor said...

How many nipples, exactly, does Frank have?

matthew dow smith said...

Um, yeah... just the usual two. The other things are supposed to be bullet wound scars. Never noticed that before. Would probably be clearer if the piece was colored. I'll have to make a mental note about that if I ever do anything more with the project. Can't have too many nipple-like shapes around confusing people.

--MDS

John Hornor said...

I liked it better when I thought they were nipples. Like that was his craaazy super-power. The Power to generate man-nipples all over his body.

When threatened, he rips his shirt off generates a wave of nipples. His attackers go, "Huh? What the...?"

And then one of Frank's (The Nippler) cohorts brain the baddies with a rock. That's how I'm seeing it, at least.

matthew dow smith said...

I feel a crossover with Stone Boy comin' on. When the badguys are distracted, someone drops Stone Boy on them.

I miss Stone Boy. Greatest Legion of Substitute Heroes character EVER.

--MDS